As granite countertops have risen in popularity, many Edmond homeowners have realized that granite offers both natural beauty and impressive durability. But granite doesn’t have to be limited to countertops – granite tile is also an excellent choice for floors, backsplashes, and showers.
Our Floor Coverings International Edmond experts can help you determine if granite tile is a good choice for your space. Here are some important factors to consider:
Advantages of Granite Tile
- Granite is incredibly tough, and it will resist water, heat, scratching, and more. This makes it a safe choice for kitchens, bathrooms, entryways, sunrooms, and other areas that may be exposed to moisture or temperature changes.
- Granite is available in a virtually endless selection of natural colors and patterns. This makes it easy to find beautiful and unique granite tile that fits your style.
- If you are concerned about your home’s resale value, you can trust that granite tile will be a selling point for potential homebuyers. The beauty and long-term value of granite makes it an excellent investment.
Disadvantages of Granite Tile
- As a natural stone, granite should be sealed initially and then resealed periodically. This process helps to protect the porous granite from dulling and etching over time.
- Granite can feel cold and hard on bare feet, especially in the cold winter months. You can alleviate that concern by placing area rugs in high traffic areas, or by installing under-floor heating.
- Granite can be an expensive material when compared to ceramic or porcelain tile. Fortunately, granite tile is generally more affordable than slab granite, and as mentioned above, it is often a worthwhile investment for your home’s resale value.
If you have more questions about granite tile or other flooring options, give us a call! Floor Coverings International Edmond offers free consultations to homeowners in Edmond and the greater Oklahoma City area.
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: pics721